Monday, January 13, 2014

Easy Reindeer Ornament

As I mentioned in my last post, here's another one of my Christmas crafty gifts. I made this quick, fun and cute reindeer ornament for a family member. I think it was my easiest project of the year because it came from a kit and all I had to do was to arrange the pieces, glue them together and then cut and tie the hanging cord. I did also place a heavy book on top of the ornament as it dried because it didn't seem like the glue was adhering well enough on its own but that did the trick.

There wasn't quite enough cord length for my taste so I might use my own ribbon or something when I make the next two so the hanging cord can be longer (the kit makes 3 ornaments but I haven't made the other two yet). Another change I might make for the other two (if there's room without hitting the ears) is to place the reindeer's antlers a bit further apart so there's a bit more room for the hanging cord in between.

Did you have any easy and quick projects this holiday season? Are you planning any special Valentine's day crafts? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your constructive comments, craft tips and suggestions for future posts. I'd love to hear from you!