Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Halloween Pumpkin Recycled Egg Carton Craft

I made this cute Halloween pumpkin out of a recycled egg carton (the cardboard kind) and set it on top of some extra upside-down Halloween colored cupcake wrappers (I used three so they'd be strong enough to support the pumpkin). The stem is made from a pipe cleaner and I used basic acrylic paint for the pumpkin (orange for the body and black for the facial features). It was a relatively quick and easy project. The only time suck was waiting on the orange paint to dry before painting the black Jack-o-lantern face on the pumpkin. I had planned to make three of these for our dining room holiday display nook but decided to give it to a friend instead (the photograph was taken in her house where she'd placed it in her foyer).

Happy October and Halloween everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your constructive comments, craft tips and suggestions for future posts. I'd love to hear from you!