Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Recycled Paper Christmas Stocking Craft






I love Christmas stockings and usually hang ten or more around my house. The fun of this recycled paper craft was in figuring out how to make it a functional (albeit only for light items) stocking without any sewing. I used an old Crabtree & Evelyn shopping bag (red) and kept the bag intact on one side. The top of the red part of the stocking was the top of the bag. I glued the other side and then topped it with some recycled white cardboard. Then I wrote "Joy to the World" with coordinating red ink and affixed some leftover foam stars to the topper. The back side of the stocking opens behind the topper (only the red bag part opens - the topper has just one part and is more for decoration than function.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your constructive comments, craft tips and suggestions for future posts. I'd love to hear from you!