Thursday, December 8, 2011

Wire Art Tree

Image Source
I had never even thought about wire crafts until I saw it as a category at my county fair. My lowly entry was a red wire "Love" wall hanging (it's hanging in my kitchen). I think it won 3rd prize but that's only because there were exactly three entries. Anyway, now that my interest in wire art has been piqued I've started noticing other options and these wire art trees intrigued me. I'm thinking I'll make one potted like in the author's example but using pearls like in commenter FACEfun's photo. If I angle things just right the branches could even hold some of my costume jewelry making it not only decorative but functional too.

The instructions and photos are available here:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Tree-from-Jewelry-Wire/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your constructive comments, craft tips and suggestions for future posts. I'd love to hear from you!